Xonotic diverges from Nexuiz in many ways:
- A more unified and consistent art direction.
- Better attention to marketing and public relations.
- Global player stats tracking system, supporting anonymous player as well.
- Low quality textures dropped and replaced with higher quality ones.
- More frequent releases.
- New player models and animations.
- New maps and modified original maps.
- New sounds and music.
- New stronger bot AI.
- New HUD.
- Some weapon models and their names changed (especially ones with “nex” prefix).
- Use of GIT versioning system instead of SVN.