id Software has released a major content update for Quake Live, their browser plugin-based iteration of the Quake series: 3 new arenas for premium subscribers, 2 holiday arenas for everyone, and Premium Duel Scoreboards.
More details after the jump…
- Double Impact (CTF)
- Overlord (Terra CTF)
- Tornado (TDM/CA/FT)
- Silent Night (Terra CTF)
- Winter’s Edge (FFA/FT)
- Clan Profiles – Click on a person’s clan tag from their profile page to view the clan’s basic information and roster. This section will be further expanded in future updates, and will eventually also handle clan management.
- New awards added for DreamHack Winter 2010, MSI Fnatic Beat-IT, and the Winter Holiday 2010.
- Spawn Protection is currently being forced off from all pro-user launched servers. The option has been removed until we address the outstanding issue/exploit.
- New Premium Duel Scoreboards – Available to Premium users online, and all players in offline bot matches, the first of our new Premium Scoreboards brings a wide range of match stat data to the in-game experience including per-weapon accuracy, damage, and frags, item pick-up tallies, average item pick-up times.
- Added Santa model for use during the holidays, selectable within the in-game player model menus.
- IGA ad system fixes and improvements.
- Lightning styles now use lightmapped quality effects, regardless of r_vertexlight value.
- Added r_mapOverbrightCap (Default 255, ): Allows you to cap the brightness of surfaces brightened by r_mapOverbrightBits (Most useful when using high values of r_mapOverBrightBits; vid_restart required after a value change).
- Asylum, Japanese Castles, House of Decay, Siberia, Trinity, and Quarantine: These maps have had lighting adjusted while in Vertex Lighting mode.
- Battleforged: Removed grenade ammo in TDM
- Japanese Castles: Fixed ad-wallhack-bug
- Purgatory: Swapped RG/SG placements
- Retribution: Added anti-camping measures for the portal room in CA, and fixed nonsolid metal supports
- Solid: Replaced CG with LG in non-FFA gametypes
- Space CTF: Fixed upper ledges so that you no longer step over them.