Happy New Year’s to all of our readers! Here’s a few items for this last evening of 1999:
- Slashdot posted New Year’s resolutions from various community personalities, including Loki president Scott Draeker, who resolved to ship a tier one Linux-exclusive game title.
- Linux Central has announced that they have begun shipping Linux Quake 3: Arena; you can order your copy from http://linuxcentral.com/products/game/quake3/ (Thanks to Linux Today for the heads up).
- The staff at Demo-Files.com wrote in to promote their new site, which will include specific listings and descriptions for Linux demo releases.
- Freshmeat updated regarding the release of Umodunpack version 0.3, a Perl script which can unpack Unreal Tournament mod files. Version 0.3 adds the ability to extract specific file patterns; the script can be downloaded from http://www.deepsky.com/~misaka/umodunpack.pl
- Redwood made a post today stating that John Faulkenberry, lead programmer for Gearbox Software (formerly of Rebel Boat Rocker), will be attempting to integrate the recently released QuakeWorld net engine code into the Doom source to create QW-quality client-server Doom netplay.