Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, a roguelike game where players seek the Orb of Zot, winner of the Ascii Dreams Roguelike of the Year award, and one of my favorite games of late (seriously, I’ve never been able to get into roguelikes but this is really fun), reached version 0.5 recently:
- New species and job: Deep Dwarf, Artificer.
- Removed three species: Gnome, Grey Elf, Ogre-Mage.
- Several cool new uniques and other monsters.
- Several great new portal vaults.
- Zombies and skeletons can no longer use stairs.
- Transformations meld equipment instead of removing it.
- Many spell ranges shortened.
- Much more useful monster descriptions.
- More convenient tiles version.
Download: [ sourceforge.net ]