Version 0.8.0 of FreeCol, the turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization, has been released.
Changes in this release include:
- Ability to define gameplay mechanics using XML-files
- Units now slide between tiles while moving.
- New terrain graphics.
- Menu music added.
- Sound effects for dragoons, artillery capturing a colony, building
complete, church and blacksmith.
- New sound effects for artillery and buying/selling goods.
- Short music clips for Aztecs and fountain of Youth.
- Named regions and nicer placement of native settlements.
- New nations added: Portuguese, Swedish, Danish and Russian
- Games with up to eight European players are now supported.
- A lot more new features and bugfixes.
Download: [ FreeCol 0.8.0 ]