I’ve been behind the curve on news of late, so here’s a quick rundown on the various commercial Linux game-related items in the past week or so:
- Frictional Games’ has announced that Penumbra: Requiem, the expansion pack for Penumbra: Black Plague and conclusion to the Penumbra adventure-horror trilogy, will be released for Linux soon:
Mac & Linux users can look forward to a release as soon as possible, the game is in the process of being ported. More news on this as the ports near completion.
- vadi4 let us know that he received a letter on the status of the Linux version of Multiwinia, the sequel to Darwinia, from Introversion:
We don’t have a Linux version of Multiwinia for day 1 I’m afraid. We will be making one, but it won’t be out for a couple of months. We did everything we could to keep the two branches in sync, but I’m afraid it was not meant to be.
- S2 Games has published a new patch for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul, a mixed-genre fantasy-themed multiplayer game, with the requisite bugfixes.
- Shrapnel Games has released a new patch for Dominions 3: The Awakening, a fantasy-themed strategy game; version 3.20 mostly has modding improvements, but it also has new units for late Atlantis and bug fixes.
- A trailer for the second episode of Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, the adventure RPG series based on the popular webcomic Penny Arcade is up at Hothead Games’ blog. There’s also a hands-on preview at Wired.com.
- Speaking of Hothead Games, a forum post explains that their next game, DeathSpank, will probably see a Linux port (thanks to Ferocious for pointing this out):
Our plan is to support Mac and Linux with all our games, wherever it makes sense. So while we’re still a ways off from DeathSpank’s release, it is part of our current project plans.