The ScummVM team has switched to a bi-yearly release schedule, thus here comes the “ ” release already.
There still has been quite some work in the meantime:
- The newly supported games are:
- New Alcachofa Soft Drascula engine for Dráscula: El Vampiro (Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back).
- Westwood Studios Kyra engine: The Legend of Kyrandia Book Two: Hand of Fate and The Legend of Kyrandia Book Three: Malcolm’s Revenge, making the series complete.
- Coktel Vision Gob engine: Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth (The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble) and Lost in Time.
- Humongous Entertainment SPU™ engine: Blue’s 123 Time Activities.
- Waxworks for MS-DOS and I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream for Macintosh are now supported as well.
- Audio fixes in Flight of the Amazon Queen, The Secret of Monkey Island, in Amiga versions of Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, Simon the Sorcerer, and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders as well as in iMUSE, used in later LucasArts games.
- Lotsa other bugfixes.
Lots of memory leaks have been taken care of, which was part of a GSoC task but all other improvements will have to wait till winter.
Also, Rock, Paper, Shotgun.