- The complete source code is available and licenced under zlib-style licence.
- Thread-based architechture takes full advantage of multicore-CPUs.
- Support for multiple simultaneous audio and video streams.
- Reads frames asynchronously from GPU using GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object extension.
- Does enforce fps cap only in the captured stream.
- If the application can play audio using ALSA, glc can record it regardless of sound card’s capabilities.
- Support for recording voice to a separate audio stream.
- Stores color correction information and applies it at playback.
- Minimal application overhead (eg. slow HDD does not slow program down).
- Fast arbitrary ratio video scaling with bilinear filtering.
- Does colorspace conversion to Y’CbCr 420jpeg which cuts stream size in half.
- Compresses stream with lightweight LZO or QuickLZ compression which saves additional 40%-60%.
It’s great to see a robust capture utility available for Linux!
Download: [ ath.cx ]