- id Software lead programmer John Carmack was interviewed on the Gamers With Jobs podcast last week, during which he mentioned that Doom 3, like id’s previous games, will probably be open-sourced next year. There’s also lengthy discussion about software patents, intellectual property, and the value of releasing source code in general.
- The mod project Hexen: Edge of Chaos has posted an update and an accompanying screenshot.
- Another mod in progress, DentonMod Revision 3, has a forum thread at Doom3world where graphical enhancements to the game are being discussed.
- The cooperative multiplayer mod Last Man Standing can now be reached at Doom3coop.com:
As many of have probably noticed http://LMS.D3files.com has been down recently. We are expecting that the site will be coming back online in the next week or two. In the meantime I have made a backup site at http://Doom3Coop.com where you can access the site and forum information. The forum will remain locked because http://LMS.d3files.com will remain our main site, but I wanted people to be able to access the information.
- A map inspired by the film Event Horizon was released recently: Event Horizon XV.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.