Hothead Games and Penny Arcade have announced the release of Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One for Linux via the new Greenhouse game distribution platform:
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – May 21, 2008 – Hothead Games today announced that “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” is now available worldwide simultaneously via Xbox LIVE Arcade (except Korea) and via the Greenhouse digital distribution platform (www.playgreenhouse.com) for the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions. “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” is expected to offer players six to ten hours of gameplay, and is priced at $19.95 for the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions and at 1600 Microsoft points via Xbox LIVE Arcade. The game has been rated “M” for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board for all platforms.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One is an RPG-Adventure game set in the deranged 1920s universe of New Arcadia, delivered to gamers via accessible episodic releases. Players join Gabe and Tycho, the crime-solving team of the Startling Developments Detective Agency, to combat savage enemies and solve mysteries hidden deep in the sinister heart of New Arcadia. The game is the result of close collaboration between Hothead Games and Penny Arcade, featuring distinct artwork and characters designed exclusively by Mike “Gabe” Krahulik, story and dialogue by Jerry “Tycho” Holkins, both brought to life by the Hothead team.
- Create-a-Player System lets you design and develop your own character, seeing it come to life in 3D and in the comic-style 2D cut scenes
- Dynamic turn-based combat system, over-the-top animations, and team-up moves during enemy battles
- Classic adventure game play combines with RPG elements to unravel the game’s mysteries and puzzles
- Authentic Penny Arcade story and dialogue written exclusively by Jerry Holkins
- Includes Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, the Fruit F*cker and many other favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik