May 19th, 2008 by Crusader
Thanks to HANGxUPS for pointing out the OBLIGE project, which has developed a random level generator for the classic DOOM engine. Features:
- Support for DOOM 1, DOOM 2, Final DOOM, FreeDOOM, Wolfenstein-3D, Heretic 1 and HeXen 1.
- Outdoor areas.
- Easy to use GUI interface.
- Built-in node builder, so the created levels are ready to play.
- Uses the LUA scripting language for easy customisation.
- Can create Deathmatch levels.
I wonder how long it’ll be before someone makes something akin to a roguelike with DOOM (there was the Dungeon Doom project for Doom 3, but their last few releases dropped Linux support).
Download: [ sourceforge.net ]
You must be logged in to post a comment.