Thanks to the authors for informing us that a new version of Mumble, the open source, low-latency, high-quality voice communication tool for gamers, has been released. Mumble includes game linking, so voice from other players comes from the direction of their characters in-game, and has echo cancellation so that the sound from your loudspeakers won’t be audible to other players.
- Mumble now officially supports Mac OS X on both Intel and PowerPC Macs.
- Positional Audio on Linux and OSX, and we now support positional audio with all audio backends. Many thanks to the contributed patches which fixed this.
- Shortcut support without XEVIE/devinput on Linux.
- Improved mumble:// URL handling
- The log window can be moved.
- Minimal mode; where only the list of players and channels is visible.
- A few bugfixes.
Download: [ sourceforge.net ]