Random Quake-related news:
- Version 1.46 of the Quake III: Arena competition mod Challenge Pro Mode Arena was released.
- ESReality mentioned this map for Q3A, Sodomia, with a unique puzzle-oriented layout.
- Func_Msgboard posted a neat Quake 1 singleplayer map, Tower of Dal Gurak.
- There’s a new alpha release of the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars zombie mod Dusk at the community forums.
- Finally, Wired pointed out that Wolfenstein 3-D was released on today’s date in 1992. The only Linux source port I’m aware of is WolfGL (edit: zakk pointed out icculus.org/wolf3d as well) (edit: The Linux Game Tome pointed out a new port called Wolf4SDL too).
Edit: Splash Damage updated their blog with a preview of two community-made ETQW maps: Comm Link and Meltdown. Also, while fighting to prevent mankind’s extinction in the game, you can also assist Splash Damage in preventing the extinction of the tapir, an endangered animal.