This download is a beta driver providing Linux® 32-bit / 64-bit OS support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi ™ series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
- THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
- This beta driver has only been tested on the following 32-bit / 64-bit Linux distributions: Ubuntu® 7.10, openSUSE® 10.3 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.1 (64-bit only).
- We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
- Your feedback is a valuable part of our development process. To submit feedback on this driver, visit the Sound Blaster X-Fi Linux Beta Driver Feedback Program.
This download is intended for the following audio devices only:
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty®
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Current release features:
- ALSA PCM Playback
- ALSA Record
- ALSA Mixer
Added Features or Enhancements:
- Supports GCC version 4
- Supports Linux 64-bit and 32-bit OS
- S/PDIF passthrough is not supported in this driver release.
- External I/O modules are not supported in this driver release.
- Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi Installation CD will not work with this driver.
- Linux x86 / x86_64 OS
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above
- To install the driver, do the following:
- Download the XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.18.tar.gz package onto your local hard disk.
- Double-click the downloaded package to unpack its contents.
- Read the README file and follow the instructions.
Download: [ creativelabs.com ]