What games that pit the player against the ravenous undead hordes do you enjoy? Here are a few off the top of my head:
- DOOM! From the very first area of E1M1, you’re trading fire with armed zombies.
- Doom 3 – Along with the expansion pack, Resurrection of Evil, the early portions of the game feature former human enemies rather prominently.
- Quake 4 – Has a zombie survival level in the main campaign; there’s also this user-made level, Zombietown. There were also zombies among the rogue’s gallery in the game’s predecessor, Quake.
- Killing Floor – a total conversion for Unreal Tournament 2004 that has a cooperative multiplayer mode.
- Boxhead: The Zombie Wars – an above-par Flash game with gameplay similar to Robotron.
Edit: Thanks to the readers who pointed out these titles I missed.
- Majesty – one of the early Linux Game Publishing titles, zombies are among the creatures in the strategy game’s kingdom.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein had rotting Saxon warriors hunting the player through catacombs.
- Neverwinter Nights’ original campaign had a zombie-infested village.
- Black Shades portrays a psychic bodyguard who must deal with zombie assassins.
- Eternal Damnation – a total conversion for Postal² (also included in the Postal Fudge Pack), because “how many mods let you punch zombies in the face with knuckle dusters?” including an actual plot.
- Penumbra: Overture includes zombie dogs.
- Myth II includes undead units, how could we forget?