- Easier server-finding: with support for the metaserver protocol the client can display lists of both remote and local servers.
- The user interface has been rewritten so that it now uses the wxWidgets AUI interface and takes advantage of XRC (an XML-based resource system).
- The client now supports internationalization and has been translated to Slovenian.
- Downloading the universe is significantly faster, less likely to get stuck and more informative.
- The star map has been drastically changed and you can now,
- Choose how objects are coloured, either on a per player basis or on own versus enemy basis.
- See the resources availability using the resource pie-chart overlay.
- Quickly see what is in a star system with new information pop-ups for objects.
- Issue move orders painlessly with a new waypoint mode and context menu for quickly issuing single orders.
- Use shortcuts to manipulate the star map using the keyboard.
- The interface has been drastically improved on long latency links through the ability to see the pending status of orders. The client now works correctly when there are many outstanding changes of any type.
- You can now filter the systems panel to quickly find the objects you are looking for.
- You can easily find objects which are idle with new “Object without Orders” window.
- Quickly changing orders is now much easier with the addition of keyboard shortcuts for order manipulation.
- Support for easy Debian packaging.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.