e.p.i.c. interactive has released a demo for their Linux port of Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, a strategy game based on the adventures of the legendary archer. You can order the full retail version from e.p.i.c.’s online store.Robin Hood Linux Demo Download: [ 3D Downloads ] Edit by Crusader – Thursday Dec 23 19:07:51 2004 – GlaDiaC let us know that LILFG has released an installer for the demo.
A reader pointed out this news post at Jeux Linux which states that Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood will be translated into French by Manticore (English and German versions are already available). Robin Hood was originally developed by Spellbound Entertainment and ported to Linux by e.p.i.c. interactive.
e.p.i.c. interactive sent in the following press release:
“Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood” , originally developed by Spellbound Entertainment for the PC, has gone gold for Linux. The game is currently in duplication and should start shipping shortly before Christmas. About “Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood”: Do not only take on the role of the hero Robin Hood, but also the roles of his faithful vassals and take them to the battle field against the nasty Prince John Lackland. In doing so you are able to enjoy the fabulous English landscape of 1190 as well as the giant castles and funny characters. The thrilling story is introduced by an award-winning introduction and transfers you directly into the hero’s body with the first mission, in which you have to set the captive comrades free. Take up the battle against the oppressors and free the farmers from the Prince’s reign! Be smart, be fast! Be Robin Hood! Features:
- More than 30 non-linear missions in which, for instance, you have to save Little John and Brother Tuck and prevent a wedding between Marianne and the revolting Guy of Gisbourne or attack the taxation collectors of the Sheriff of Nottingham
- Visit five giant castles on different ways, at day- and night times, and at different weather conditions
- Play with up to nine integrated characters being outstanding due to their specific abilities and qualities
- Due to an innovative fighting system you are able to control the hero’s sword in battles by mouse
- Decide yourself which tactic appears to be the right one for you: reach the goal by creeping around the guards or fight bravely using sword and bow System requirements: Pentium 500 MHz or faster, 128 MB RAM, Linux kernel 2.2 or better, XFree86 3.3.x or better, 8 MB graphics board, OSS compatible soundcard, 1 GB space on harddrive
The German version was released earlier this month.
e.p.i.c. interactive sent in the following press release earlier this week:
Spellbound Entertainment AG and e.p.i.c. interactive entertainment gmbhhave reached a comprehensive license agreement, that will bring many of thepopular Spellbound games to other systems like the Apple Macintosh and Linuxa.o.. The first title to be ported will be Strategy game “Robin Hood: TheLegend of Sherwood”, which will initially be released for Apple Macintoshand Linux. Versions for other systems are planned. Further Spellbound titlesare to follow soon. “We are very proud to have the chance to cooperate with one of Germanyslongest standing developing companies. Finally great Spellbound titles, whoall have gathered a large and loyal following, will become available togamers on other computer systems.” said Thomas Steiding, CEO of e.p.i.c.interactive, about the deal. Armin Gessert, CEO of Spellbound, added: “In e.p.i.c. we have found acompetent partner and we are happy that the long neglected users of systemssuch as Macintosh and Linux will soon be able to play our games too.” More information about “Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood” will beavailable on our website soon.
e.p.i.c. interactive announced