September 18th, 2004 by Crusader
Illwinter’s Johan K let us know that a new patch for Dominions II has been released, bringing the fantasy-themed strategy game (screenshots) to version 2.14. Changes:
- Network bug that could lock up Dominions has been fixed.
- Certain magic misc items could be used twice on the same commander for twice the effect (most notably gem and xp producing items).
- Magic duel did not work properly (favored the little guy).
- It was sometimes possible to instantly transport magic items to your lab when sieging enemy castles.
- Sometimes an enchantment was not entirely wiped when dispelled with the spell Dispel.
- Casting item unique rituals with cheat detection on crashed the game.
- Removing item unique ritual orders crashed the game.
Dominions II: The Ascension Wars 2.14 Download: [ shrapnelgames.com ]
September 1st, 2004 by Crusader
Illwinter Game Design has released a version 2.13 patch for Dominions II: The Ascension Wars (screenshots), a turn-based fantasy-themed strategy game (thanks linuX-gamers.net). Changes include:
- Implementation of basic magical item modding.
- Improved cheat detection, a must have enhancement for tournament games!
- Provinces will only suffer floods during summer, and only if they are a fresh water province.
- A bow could be used even after one arm was lost. This has been corrected.
- All hail the Skratti, now available again!
Dominions II: The Ascension Wars v2.13 Download: [ shrapnelgames.com ]
June 8th, 2004 by Crusader
Illwinter Game Design and Shrapnel Games have announced therelease of the version 2.12 patch for Dominions II: TheAscension Wars, a fantasy-themed strategy game(demodownloads).Changes:
- Two new units for Desert Tombs.
- Carrion Woods gets extra sagittarians in forest temples.
- On demand texture loading. This results in about one second faster startup and alt-tab times.
- Squad sizes were sometimes wrong in the army setup screen.
- Master Password usable for network clients too.
Dominions II: The Ascension Wars 2.12 Patch Download: [ x86| PowerPC ]
November 17th, 2003 by Alkini
Illwinter let us know that Dominions II: The Ascension Wars (screenshots), their new turn-based fantasy strategy game, is now shipping. An official press release has been put out by Shrapnel Games, their publisher:
Shrapnel Games is extremely pleased to announce that Illwinter GameDesign’s turn-based fantasy epic, Dominions II: The Ascension Wars, isnow available and has begun shipping worldwide. Legions of hungry fansfrom around the globe are eagerly awaiting this title, judging by themassive number of pre-orders that Shrapnel received. In fact, hot on theheels of Space Empires: Starfury’s pre-release sales record, DominionsII has just set a new company record for pre-orders!
Dominions II can be ordered from TG for $40 or from Shrapnel Games for $44.95.
November 1st, 2003 by Marv
Shrapnel Games has released a demo of Dominions II: The Ascension Wars Demos. Dominions II is a turn-based fantasy strategy game where you are trying to achieve the ‘rank’ of god.
Download: PowerPC Linuxx86 Linux